Wednesday, September 28, 2016

How I Finally Cleared My Skin (with proaktiv+)

Hey guys! Long time, no see. School takes lots of time, but I'm back with a new post!




I've been struggling with acne for two years now. It's always been my biggest insecurity. I always thought that people only look at your insecurities. That all they saw were the pimples and breakouts all over my face.
They don't. People don't look at your insecurities the way you do. But I didn't realize this until January 2016.

In 2015, I covered my face with makeup, not realizing how orange I looked (I really looked like crap). I tried every product from drugstores that is against pimples/breakouts. Every product helped for like four weeks, then my breakouts came back. I also got really shiny and oily during the day.

In April 2016, my mother's friend ordered a 3-step-system by Proaktiv+ for me, because it healed her son's and her daughter's acne.

The first step is the Skin Smoothing Exfoliator. It's a facial cleanser, almost like a really soft scrub.
I put the amount of a coin on my hands before I massage it in my face. It cleans the face and makes the skin really smooth. After washing it off with warm water, I use a towel to dry my face.

Afterwards, I use the Pore Targeting Treatment, which is a facial cream.
I put a pearl-size on my finger and then slowly massage it into my skin. You can see how your pores get smaller by the second you start massaging it in. Do not rinse off!

Then, I'm using the Complexion Perfecting Hydrator. This moisturiser saves your skin from drying out.
Do not rinse off after you massaged a pearl-size amount of this in.

When I have huge breakouts once in a while, I like to use the Refining Mask.
I don't put it on my breakouts for ten minutes, instead I like to leave it on my skin overnight. I also only put it on my breakouts/pimples, not on my whole face.

When I have huge whiteheads/blackheads, I like to squeeze them out using the Blackhead Remover by The Body Shop.
Put one of these circle things around your pimple and slightly press on the skin. The pimple will pop. Do not add too much pressure, and do it at night, so your skin won't look that red or swollen in the morning.



Do this routine every morning and every night and your skin will look way better after only a few weeks! 
The packaging says it lasts for 30 days, but it lasts around 60 days. 

Proactiv+ 3-step system: $39,95 (it may be cheaper, depends on online store)
The Body Shop Blackhead Remover: $5 + delivery
Proactiv Refining Mask: $9.50

Tip: Check different online stores, you could save a lot of money! 



See you soon, guys! All the love
-Johanna


No comments:

Post a Comment