Saturday, October 15, 2016

The Boy In The Striped Pyjamas (book, 2006) REVIEW

I read "The Boy In The Striped Pyjamas" by John Boyne in school. The book is about Bruno, whose Dad is the warehouse commander of Auschwitz. Because of his Dad's work, Bruno and his whole family has to move from Berlin to Auschwitz.
Bruno meets a boy there, but he lives on the other side of the fence. One day, the 9-year olds decided to make an adventure together. But this adventure will be the first and last one they will have together.

I liked the book. It was written in an easy language which made it easy to understand. But I wouldn't say that it's a book for everyone. You have to be 14+ to read it, in my opinion, because it handels about how jewish people got killed by the Nazis 1942-1945.

We were discussing many characters from the book in my German lessons.

I'd rate the book 8 out of 10. Definetly worth a read!

No comments:

Post a Comment